Everyone is asked to not drink any alcohol throughout the first two sessions of the AGM
Start at 1:50 at the Calthorpe Arms on Greys inn Road
Intro to AGM , why we’re here (2 minutes)
A Look at the Agenda (5-10 minutes)
1. Review of ALARM
a. A look at what we have achieved over the last year from street meeting at Marxism / ALARM riotspecial paper / Anti-EDL mobilisation / Cuts poster & paper/ Conway Hall conference / Radio (20minutes)
b. A critical look at the aboveon the basis that given the resources we have we should have achieved more than this (20 minutes)
2. Lessons learnt an honest discussion on what the problems have been in ALARM and if it is possible to overcome them (30 minutes)
3. Do we wantALARM to continue? Does ALARM has any viable future do we want it to continue, i fnecessary this will be decided with on a vote after a ‘go round’ (20 minutes)
Break at 3:40 till 3:55
If we decide ALARM will continue then we shall have a break and move on to section 2.a
If we decide ALARM will NOT continue then we shall have a break and move on to section 2.b
Section2.a The Relaunch of ALARM
All returning from the break constitute the ‘year one’ ALARM.
1. What kind of group should ALARM be?
. We need to decide what kind of group we should be.
. What we can offer.
. Who has ownership in ALARM.
We will be judged by what we do in terms of action and propaganda,not on having the perfect structure and a great social set up (45 minutes)
B) Sub Groups:Communication Group (re launch ofall online media)
: Red and Black (25 minutes)
. How often we meet (10minutes)
. Roles: What positions do we need. (20 minutes)
. Decision making process (20 minutes)
Next meeting,Date and Venue
Break at 6:30 grab a drink and return for section 3a more casual, relaxed and alcohol baseddiscussion about Alarm
Route2a – ALARMfolds and is disbanded
1. Disposal of assets: we sort out what happens with money, phones and any other assets ALARM hasfrom phones to money. (20 minutes)
2. We have an open discussion on the best way to move forwards (20 minutes)
3. Can whatever starts to emerge from the wreckage of ALARM can get moving? (20 minutes)
4. Assuming that what emerges from the wreckage will be a number of smaller affinity style groups focusing on more specific areas, we need to work out a way of liaising with each other and being able to offer mutual solidarity as and when needed (20minutes)
We say goodbye to each other. Anypeople interested in organising another meetings do so after.
We return as a crew with drinks in hand to discuss the future
Major events in the short term .Diamond Jubilee
. London Olympics
The Long term, what can we be part off
Any other Business.